Best Dark Lips Treatment by Dermatologist in Delhi
Dark lips are common and can occur due to various medical and lifestyle modifications. Pigmentation of the lips can give rise to the dark appearance of the lips, just like the pigmentation of the skin on other parts of the face or body.
Dark Lips Causes:
Sun exposure: Like our skin on the face can tan under the sun, the skin over the lips also tans. Excessive sun exposure causes increased melanin production on the lips and makes the lips appear brown or dark in colour. We must use regular lip balms containing SPF.
Smoking and chewing tobacco: Smoking causes the deposition of tar and nicotine on the lips and leads to pigmentation on the lips.
Drinking excessive coffee: Excess coffee intake also causes darkening of lips as it is high in caffeine.
Excessive dehydrated or dryness of lips: Repeated trauma to lips due to biting, cracking due to dryness leads to inflammation and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Repetitive licking or biting of lips can give rise to dark lip colour due to the formation of dry skin on the lips
Cosmeceuticals: Use of expired products on lips, using matt finish lipsticks, or application of dark-lip lipsticks routinely can cause darkening of the lips as they contain lead.
Genetic with family history: Anyone with a history of dark lips is likely to or may face the same at some stage in life.
Allergy to toothpaste or any lip cosmetics: Allergic products cause contact dermatitis and increased sensitivity to those products, which lead to pigmentation due to repeated inflammation.
Other causes which can lead to dark lips are:
Ways for Dark Lips Prevention:
1. Keep your lips always moisturised and hydrated as dry lips,, and damaged lips can give rise to a dark appearance of the lips
2. Use lip balm daily - Lip balms containing moisturiser, shea butter, and SPF are best to nourish, hydrate, and protect the lips from pigmentation.
3. Lifestyle modification is require by means of smoking cessation and stopping tobacco chewing, decreasing caffeine intake, avoiding lip sucking, and use of expired cosmeceuticals on lips.
4. Always use lipsticks containing Vitamin E, an antioxidant, to keep lips soft and prevent damage from and prevent damage from free radicals.
5. It is advice to remove your lipstick before going to bed.
6. Exfoliation to remove dry and dead skin from the lips and make your lips soft and healthy.
7. Always keep your lips hydrated with regular lip balms throughout the daytime and exfoliate your lips and apply lip masks once a week.
Medical Treatment for Dark Lips :
1. Topical creams: Dark lips treatment products like topical lip creams containing depigmenting creams are used in lip care treatment as a skin lightening agent which decreases the production of melanin responsible for the darkening of the lips and also melasma on face.
2. Chemical Peels: Use of lip scrubs or Chemical peels for exfoliating pigmented and dead skin cells gives rise to hydrated, fresh pink lips
3. Laser Treatment for dark lips: Q-Switch Nd: Yag laser is the most commonly recommended treatment to lighten the dark lips skin both in men and women.
4. Dermal Fillers: Thin, dry and dehydrated lips due to loss fat may also give the appearance of dark lips. Dermal fillers provide volume and hydration to the lips resulting in fresh pink youthful lips.
5. Permanent Makeup: Permanent makeup is used to add colour to the lip through use of specialised ink which is injected in the the lip. These are called permanent however few follow up sessions may be required for long lasting results.
Lips are the most attractive feature on the face. Fresh pink lips give one cheerful look and a happy personality. We at Skinos provide the Best Dark Lips Treatment in Delhi through customised combinations of treatments to suit your goals.
Dark Lips Treatment Cost in Delhi:
A session of chemical peeling can vary from Rs.2000 to Rs.6000, and that laser treatment for dark lips will be around Rs.5000 to Rs.9000, depending on the total area to be treated.
These treatments, chemical peeling, and laser treatment will require 4 to 6 sessions for best results.
Home remedies to lighten dark lips:
• Lemon: Lemon juice is known to inhibit melanin deposition. Overnight application of lemon juice for over a month may show some improvement.
• Lemon and Sugar: Mixed lemon juice with sugar if applied overnight also shows some improvement. clean it with lukewarm water the next morning
• Turmeric: A turmeric paste prepared with milk should be applied for about 5 minutes. After cleansing with warm water, apply a moisturiser to keep your lips hydrated.
• Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel is applied for 5 minutes and, after drying, cleaned with lukewarm water.
• Pomegranate seeds: Pomegranate seed extract mixed with fresh cream and rose water is applied on lips may decrease hyperpigmentation.
Other natural remedies to get pink lips:
• Coconut oil: Small amount of coconut oil daily helps in retaining hydration on the lips.
• Olive oil: Olive oil may be used as a daily night application and massaged gently.
• Rosewater: Rosewater mixed with honey can be used few times in the day or at night.
• Cucumber juice: Cool cucumber juice application can be made at night.
• Strawberry: Strawberry juice can be applied at night
• Almond: Almond paste prepared with fresh cream can be applied daily.
• Almond oil: Daily night application of few drops of almond oil is helpful.
• Sugar: Sugar paste in almond oil can be applied once or twice a week.
• Mustard oil: Can be used once or twice daily.
• Beets: A paste of beetroot can be left on the lips for 5 minutes. After cleaning, apply petroleum jelly on the lips.
Share page on:
What Our Patients Say
Nothing gives us more pleasure than the happiness and gratitude expressed by our clients at the end of their Skin, Hair, and Laser treatment!
I recommend Dr. Shruti Gupta because she explains everything related to my problems patiently and p...
It's all about the satisfaction that we expect from a doctor and a clinic which I got it at Skinos ,...
First of all I would like to thank Dr Shruti Gupta Mam for giving me a new life. On the advice of my...
Dr.Shruti is very humble and adorable to everyone she explains everything wonderfully, and answers a...
It was a pleasant experience. Your work is par above my expectations. My exuberant hair growth gives...
I have acne issue from last 13 year's I tried all from the to homemade solution but nothing's work a...
SQ - CA
Certified and Experienced Doctors
SKINOS is the only Skin clinic with 100% Client Satisfaction owing to its world-class treatments, highly professional and amiable Dermatologists, and Aestheticians!