Hair loss is a psychologically devastating medical condition that can lead to social withdrawal and affect both personal and social life. Having good hair is every person's dream as that is the only thing we groom right after waking up in the morning.
Excess hair loss depends on many factors such as:
During the process of hair loss, the hair follicles undergo a process of miniaturization and lead to thinning of the hair shaft, which eventually leads to falling of miniaturized hair.
Dr.Shruti Gupta MD, FAAD (USA), Medical Director, is the best hair doctor in Delhi, India, for hair growth and hair loss treatments. Hair fall treatment requires an overall approach to diagnosing hair loss causes and types for best results. That is why it is advisable that you consult the best hair specialist in Delhi, Dr.Shruti Gupta MD, FAAD (USA).
Hair Specialists are doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating all types of hair and scalp medical conditions. Always search for the ‘best hair specialist near me’ when you are looking for a hair consultation.
Trichology is a branch of medicine that deals with studying the structure and physiological function of hair.
Skinos is the most trusted hair and skin clinic known for offering holistic hair fall treatment and hair transplant surgeries if you are looking for the best trichologist in Delhi. Visit a trichologist who treats hair and scalp conditions if you are facing any type of hair problem.
Trichology clinics are the specialized centers of excellence for hair loss treatments. This content is for creating awareness about different types of hair loss and their available treatment options. Searching for the best hair doctor near me? Dr.Sandeep Kumar MBBS, DCD (UK) is a notable hair transplant surgeon among his peers.
The commonest scalp diseases and hair conditions with which patients visit our OPD are:
• Alopecia Areata A form of hair loss in which there is a patchy loss of body hair commonly seen on the scalp and beard area. The hair loss can be localized to a small area of the body or may involve the entire body. Localized patchy hair loss on the scalp is treated with intralesional steroid injection and topical creams. Whereas more advanced cases may require systemic IV steroids and immunosuppressive medications along with other supportive measures.
• Scalp Folliculitis It is a condition in which there is an infection and inflammation of hair follicles commonly seen on the scalp and beard. Ingrown hair is the most common cause of folliculitis barbae. A condition that responds well to a course of oral antibiotics.
• Dandruff Dandruff is medically called Seborrhoeic dermatitis, in which there is inflammation of the scalp associated with fungal overgrowth leading to flakiness and itching. It is well controlled with routine use of anti-fungal containing anti-dandruff shampoos.
• Androgenetic Alopecia This is also called male pattern hair loss. Here there is a receding hairline and loss of hair from the temple areas. Besides the genetic cause, the DHT hormone responsible for hair loss responds well to topical hair loss therapy and oral medications.
• Telogen Effluvium A type of hair loss that is precipitated by patients suffering from nutritional deficiency, prolonged illness, sudden weight loss, and stress leading to hair loss. It is a temporary condition that usually reverses on its own within 6 months with healthy hair. However, if there is a large amount of hair loss of more than 100 strands per day, it may require hair loss treatments along with oral nutritional supplements.
• Female Pattern Hair Loss Here the hair loss is in the form of thinning of hair along with the central hair partition along with hair thinning in the temple area. Usually, topical hair loss lotions are enough to control the type of female hair fall. Associated PCOD or PCOS can lead to hormonal imbalance and female pattern baldness.
• Fungal Infections Fungal infections of the scalp are called tenia capitis. This response is well to oral antifungal medications, which may be needed for about 4 to 6 weeks.
• DLE - Discoid Lupus Erythematosus DLE is an autoimmune condition in which there is a patch of hair loss called plaques associated with scarring. This is managed with topical and oral steroids. Additionally, immunosuppressants may also be required to control the disease.
• LPP - Lichen Planus Pigmentosus LPP is another autoimmune condition causing scarring alopecia. Here there is a purple to blackish discoloration around the hair follicles associated with hair loss. This is again managed with topical and oral steroid medications.
At Skinos, Dr.Sandeep Kumar MBBS, DCD (UK) is the best trichologist in Delhi. If you have been looking for the best hair specialist near me, Dr.Shruti Gupta MD, FAAD (USA) offers hair treatments for both men and women like:
• Hair Transplant Hair loss of greater severity where medical management cannot give the desired result is treated with surgical management with hair transplantation. FUE and FUE are two popular methods of hair transplant. However, robotic hair transplant is available today, which provides a more precise estimation of the required number of grafts. Here one can be assured of quality hair transplant with the highest density and natural-looking high definition hairline. Skinos is the most valued hair transplant center where qualified medical professionals perform all the surgeries.
• PRP Therapy PRP - platelet-rich plasma therapy is an adjunct to medical management of hair loss treatment in both males and females. It causes neovascularization and an increase in blood flow to hair roots, leading to more supply of nutrition, thereby increasing the thickness of hair and reducing hair loss. It also provides various growth factors which act as hair boosters leading to the regrowth of hair follicles and hence used to treat hair loss. Dr.Shruti Gupta received an award for her work on PRP therapy and her article was published in “pubmed" journal. She is the top female hair specialists in Delhi.
• Scalp Peeling Scalp peel contains a combination of salicylic acid and glycolic acid. It helps in cleansing of scalp and hair care. It is indicated in individuals facing chronic dandruff problems, also known popularly as anti-dandruff scalp peel.
• LLLT LLLT - Low-level laser therapy is a red light therapy that helps increase blood flow to the scalp. Given once or twice a week may help in reducing hair fall. It is given as an add-on therapy to medical management for best results. There are no side effects of laser hair treatment with LLLT.
• Dermaroller This multi-needle drum-like instrument is used to create multiple channels on the scalp to increase blood flow and help maintain healthy scalp skin conditions. It is usually used along with meso solutions known as mesotherapy.
• Mesotherapy It is a solution containing cocktails of different nutrients, hair boosters, and growth factors. Best for telogen effluvium and in treatment of thinning of hair.
• Medi Hair Spa A medicated hair spa for anyone who loves to have volumizing, glowing, and shiny hair looking for regular maintenance of scalp and hair.
• Stem cell therapy A newer modality of treatment shows promising results. However, still under the approval process. Anti Aging hair loss solutions such as hair extensions are offered for cosmetic and aesthetic needs. Patients under chemotherapy and a higher degree of baldness with poor scalp donor area may opt for a nonsurgical hair patch fixing solution.
What Our Patients Say
Nothing gives us more pleasure than the happiness and gratitude expressed by our clients at the end of their treatment!
I have acne issue from last 13 year's I tried all from the
best dermatologist of Delhi to homemade solution but ...
SQ - CA
It was a pleasant experience. Your work is par above my
expectations. My exuberant hair growth gives me ...
Dr.Shruti is very humble and adorable to everyone she
explains everything wonderfully, and answers all ...
First of all I would like to thank Dr Shruti Gupta Mam for
giving me a new life. On the advice of my friend, when I..
It’s all about the satisfaction that we expect from a
doctor and a clinic which I got it at Skinos , I have tried...
I recommend Dr. Shruti Gupta because she explains
everything related to my problems patiently and politely.
Certified and Experienced Doctors
Only Clinic in Delhi with 100% Client Satisfaction owing to it’s world class treatments, highly professional and amiable Dermatologists and Aestheticians!